What is a self-tanner?
Before we can ascertain which is the best self-tanner, let us briefly consider what self-tanning is.
It is one way of achieving a healthy looking skin tone without spending hours in the sun.
Briefly explained, self-tanning is sunless tanning.
What kinds of self-tanners are available?
You can choose from a variety of self-tanning products: spray tan, self-tanning lotion or self-tanning mousse.
Each of these products contains the same active ingredient; Dihydroxyacetone (DHA).
The difference is in the way they are applied.
Tanning lotions and mousses are applied with a fine sponge, an applicator glove, or by hand.
Spray tanning is a very fine mist that is sprayed onto your skin.
Why are self-tanners safe and easy to use?
- The best self-tanners can be used in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Your optimal tone can be achieved within three to five hours.
- Although self-tanning products contain DHA, this chemical is not harmful to your skin. However take care not to inhale the product if a spray-on method is being used.
- Self-tanning is a healthier alternative to spending hours in the sun as we know that UV rays are harmful to our skin.
Important advice when selecting self-tanners
- As previously mentioned, self-tanners vary in application. Consider which application method best suits you and your lifestyle. For example; spray tanning dries faster than the best self-tanning lotion or mousse, but it may be difficult to apply to those hard to reach places on your back. The best spray tan can however be achieved by buying a spray-can with an adjustable nozzle.
- Choose your product according to your skin tone and sensitivity.
- Test the product on a small area of your skin first.
- For the best self-tanner results, prepare your skin the day before.
The importance of reading online product reviews
Now you are asking yourself: Which is the best self-tanner for me? Where can I find the best tanning lotion? Who sells the best sunless tanner?
The answer is simple: search online for self-tanning reviews. How else will you know which is the best self-tanner 2016?
We are all unique and so are our tanning needs. Online self-tanner reviews are there for your benefit and will help you find the best product.
Use the information you find in the self-tanning reviews to help you decide which product is best for you.